Thursday, April 23, 2015

DFS-MLB Cheap Buys Lineup

Sometimes when I'm filling out my rosters what I like to do, is go through every position and grab the absolute cheapest guy that I'm comfortable with based on my formulas and analysis.  Then when I've filled out all the positions, I see how much money I have leftover, and go about upgrading a few spots here and there, where I think the money will have the most impact, with a basic idea of the floor at all my other spots.  Today, I thought I'd share my bargain basement lineup with you.  I'll put out the Draft Kings version.  Here it is: (Please bear in mind I'm writing this at about 11 am and the late lineups aren't out yet.)

P       Jake Odorizzi          $8,200
P       Bartolo Colon         $8,400
C      AJ Pierzynski          $3,000
1B    Pedro Alvarez         $3,600
2B    Alberto Callaspo     $2,900
3B    Jimmy Paredes        $2,000
SS    Jose Iglesias            $3,000
OF    Ichiro Suzuki          $3,200
OF    Jonny Gomes         $3,100
OF    Sam Fuld                $3,300

This left me with $9,300 to upgrade various positions across the board (this is an all day lineup by the way).  When you're upgrading, a lot of that is going to go to the pitchers, if you're not 100% comfortable with them.  I'm a Boston guy, and hate betting against the Red Sox, so part of mine went to upgrading Odorizzi.  Just a personal choice.  Here are some smart upgrade options...

       Old Lineup                Salary          Added Sal.        New Lineup
P       Jake Odorizzi          $8,200                              P       Jake Odorizzi          $8,200
P       Bartolo Colon         $8,400                              P       Bartolo Colon         $8,400
C      AJ Pierzynski          $3,000                              C      AJ Pierzynski          $3,000
1B    Pedro Alvarez         $3,600          +$7,000       1B    Yonder Alonso        $4,300
2B    Alberto Callaspo     $2,900                              2B    Alberto Callaspo     $2,900
3B    Jimmy Paredes        $2,000                              3B    Jimmy Paredes        $2,000
SS    Jose Iglesias            $3,000                               SS    Jose Iglesias            $3,000
OF    Ichiro Suzuki          $3,200          +$600          OF    Lorenzo Cain          $3,800
OF    Jonny Gomes         $3,100                               OF    Jonny Gomes          $3,100
OF    Sam Fuld                $3,300          +$1,000       OF    Yoenis Cespedes       $4,300

I've upgraded three players to players I expect to have great games today, and as you can see I still have $700 left to upgrade another position or two possibly.  This is how you make sure all your positions are filled with guys you like.  Don't fill it in from the top-down, but from the bottom-up.

Now go make some money folks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment