Friday, October 23, 2015

NFL DFS: 5 Players to Avoid in Week 7

Today being Friday, I'll bring you 5 guys from my contrarian lineups, that I absolutely won't count on this week.

Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
There's a lot of Patriots on this list this weekend, and it hurts me to do it, as a Pats fan by birth, but I have to.  The Jets' defense is just too good, the Patriots' offensive line has been crumbling due to injury, piece by piece and they matchup vs. the Jets' strength in the d-line.  It's not going to be good.  Last week Brady was able to make up for his line's deficiencies by getting rid of the ball with lightning quickness, but against the cornerbacks of the Jets, and a defense ranked number one vs. the tight end this season, it'll be interesting to see how Tom responds.  While as a fan I hope he figures it out, as an owner I'm just not counting on it.

Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
The Vikings' pass defense is a bit underrated by fans this season, and I'm not sure people realize how much Stafford was feasting on a poor pass defense vs. the Bears last week.  I think there will be a lot of people buying on Stafford based on last week's performance, and not looking at the match up in front of him where they should be.  Don't be one of them.  He's going to put up less than 15 points this weekend.

Dion Lewis, RB, New England Patriots
Dion Lewis is another Patriot that I love, and I've ridden to many victories this season, but this weekend I just can't count on him.  The Jets' defense is too tough, and while he's the guy I'd expect Brady to be dumping the ball to, and I'd play him in a season long ppr league, I just can't justify spending the cash on him as a DFS play this weekend, where I NEED guys to produce each week.  Lewis won't be in any of my regular lineups this weekend.

Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders
Cooper and the Raiders face the league's number one fantasy defense against WR, primarily due to the play of their number one cornerback, who has been shutting down opposing team's number one wideouts.  If anyone in the Raiders' receiving corps is going to have a decent game this weekend, it'll likely be Crabtree.  Keep Cooper out of your lineups this weekend.

Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
Edelman would have appeared on this list no matter who the Pats were playing, as I owned him last week and watched him fade immediately after breaking his finger.  I've watched Brady for years, and he loses trust QUICK.  I'm not saying he'll lose trust in Edelman overall, but I don't think he's going to rely on the broken finger catching real well, after his drops last week.  I think Brady cools off Edelman's targets for a few weeks while that finger heals up.  Look for his targets to dip down to maybe 8, just not enough to justify rostering him this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment