Wednesday, October 21, 2015

NFL DFS Strategy Sessions: Double-Stacking

So some of my readers are beginner DFS players, so I'd like to start a series for you, to give you some guidelines by which to build your rosters, and even just to look at players overall, to rate them as far as Draft Kings is concerned primarily, but I expect my guides and ranks to be helpful to fantasy owners in all leagues.  In this edition, we'll tackle double-stacking.

Double-stacking is a fairly simple concept that builds off stacking.  Basically, I want to stack two plays together.  Remembering back to my basic stacking piece, there are three combos you can stack: QB and WR, QB and TE, and RB and DEF.  With double stacking-as the name would imply-you're pairing two of these combos together.  So obviously you have to choose a RB/DEF stack, and then you're choosing a QB and his favorite WR or TE.

Now you'll build the rest of your lineup around these two combinations.  It leaves you a RB, three WR, and a TE or FLEX spot to fill.  How you fill those spots often depends on the stacks you picked.

Often, I'll go with a cheap QB play, especially in GPP lineups.  Give me Brian Hoyer, or Blake Bortles with one of their top receiving options and I'll plug high dollar (and high value) stars around them.  Add a running back and defense combo you expect to play well together and you're setting yourself up for victory.  This week for instance, I'm advising people to play Brian Hoyer/DeAndre Hopkins in a stack for a combined cost of 13,700.  Add in Todd Gurley at $5,000 and the Rams defense at $2,400 for a total of 21,100 between the four.  That leaves you almost $30,000 to fill 5 spots, an easy task at about $6,000 per slot.  That's how you double-stack.


No comments:

Post a Comment